PE NB performs activities of public interest in the field of electronic communications such as:
- Development, design, construction, maintenance and use of public electronic communications networks and means and provision of public electronic communication services.
- Providing transmission, broadcasting and distribution of radio and television programmes and other information content intended for general reception in free space and through cable, radio and television network on the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia.
- Transmission and broadcasting of the programme service intended for the activities of the Assembly of the Republic of North Macedonia on the entire territory of the Republic of North Macedonia.
- Providing, broadcasting special information programmes, preserving the cultural and historical traditions and maintaining and promoting the relations with the expatriates and other citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia living in the neighbouring countries, Europe and other continents.
- Providing radio and television connections to the broadcasting systems of other countries in the world in accordance with the international agreements concluded, that is acceded by the Republic of North Macedonia.
- Control and measurement of the quality and coverage of the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia with radio and television signals broadcast by the Macedonian Radio Television, as well as control and measurement of interference from other broadcasting stations.
The public enterprise performs the activities through:
- three radio shortwave networks (VHF / FM),
- one medium-wave radio network (MW),
- three television networks (VHF and UHF),
- digital multiplex (DVB – T) and
- a network of microwave analogue and digital transmission links.
Realization of additional activities and services with compensation through other broadcasting networks, related to the main activities, and especially for the full and economical use of the technical and human capacities, as follows:
- Design, construction and maintenance of radio stations;
- Installation and maintenance of broadcasting devices, aerial systems and electrical installations;
- Performance and issuing a certificate for the measured grounding of radio stations;
- Design, construction and maintenance of cable distribution systems;
- Control and measurement of the performed cable distribution systems, as well as issuing a certificate for them;
- Control and measurement of the quality and coverage of the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia with radio-television signals;
- Turnover of assemblies, devices and equipment from the broadcasting and communication activities;
- Renting of communication links and broadcasting of radio and television programmes;
- Renting a part of the infrastructure of the facilities (office space), and for the installation of broadcasting, communication and other equipment, as well as renting of the already installed equipment and devices;
- Maintenance of functional systems, consulting and engineering services in the field of broadcasting
and other matters relating to the main activity