PhD Festim Halili was appointed Director of PE National Broadcasting on November 9, 2020.
He was engaged for 12 years in the public and private sector in the field of information technology and electronic communications.
- From 2008-2010 he was a consultant and implementer of telecommunications protocols at the German telecommunications company Inacon GmBH based in Karlsruhe, Germany, where he worked on major projects such as the wireshark help protocol and the Encyclopedia of Electronic Communications. He also collaborated with the American company Scopic Software as a QT programmer.
- In 2009 he started working at the Center for Information Technologies at the University of Tetovo, where he managed the university campus network, the database for various processes, as well as hardware maintenance. In parallel, he was an assistant in several courses in the Department of Informatics.
- In 2014, he was appointed Head of the Cabinet for Project Development and Management at the Rectorate of the University, where he received for the first time the European project from the European funds IPA-CBC in partnership with the University of Pristina. He has also managed Google projects, the IEEE Scientific Conference on Electronic Communications, the HCFC, the US-North Macedonia Health Project, and many other projects.
- In April 2016, he was appointed Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Macedonia, where he managed the Commission for Political System. During this period he helped establish the Mother Teresa University in Skopje, the expansion of the University of Tetovo with two new faculties, the Pedagogical and Agricultural Faculty, as well as 130 new jobs in the academic staff and administrators of Tetovo universities. However, he had an impact on increasing equitable representation in the police, health care, post office and many other institutions. He was determined in the fight against environmental pollution in Tetovo and beyond, with an initiative to close Yugo-Chrome, due to the lack of filters.
He also worked on capital projects by increasing the budget of: Tetovo and Skopje theaters, Skenderbeg Square, the Museum of the Alphabet, the Raven-Recica irrigation system and others.
- In October 2019, he was appointed director of the Public Enterprise for Railway Infrastructure – Railways of the Republic of North Macedonia, where he realized various projects in infrastructure and expansion of digital capacities.
- In November 2020, he resigned from the Railways to manage other companies, such as the National Broadcasting, in order to realize the Digital European Agenda in North Macedonia, prepared by the European Commission and the European Parliament.
PhD Festim Halili is an Associate Professor and teaches at the Technical University of Vienna, subjects in the second cycle of studies Master of Service Oriented Computing and Artificial Intelligence and Prolog. However, he is also a professor at the University of Tetovo at the Department of Informatics.
He has taught as a visiting professor at the University of Craiovo in Romania, at the University of Pecs Szeged and Pannonia in Hungary, the University of Business and Technology in Lithuania, UBT in Kosovo, the University of Sarajevo, the Balkan University, the University of Southeast Europe.
He is also the recipient of the prestigious British Scholarship Trust scholarship, where he spent his doctoral research at Royal Holloway University in London. In addition, he also acquired the German scholarship DAAD and had a study stay at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), with internships at BMW, Siemens and the like and achieved maximum ratings.
Regular scholarship from the Ministry of Education and Science, from high school to master studies, having a consistency of success.
In 2015, he attended the University of Northern Illinois (NIU) in the United States.
Member of Associations:
- Member of the commission for assigning scholarships within the Ministry of Education and Science.
- Member of the board at the DIGITAL FORUM of Ministry of Informatics Society and Administration
- National Contact Point for Research & Innovation in EU for Inclusive, Innovative and reflective societies (Jan 2016)
- Member of the commission for nostrification of diplomas in the field of Applied Sciences.
- President of the Political system commission at the Government of Republic of Macedonia (2016-2017)
- Editor at the proc. Book, IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks, CICSyN2014
- Member of the American Corner Tetovo
- Vice-President of the Macedonian Academic & Research Network (till 2016)
- Member of the Board of Accreditation and Evaluation of Macedonia (till 2016)
- IT Expert at the Bureau for Public Procurement R. Macedonia
- Member of SN7 Center
- CEEPUS – Modelling, Simulation and Computer-aided Design in Engineering and Management
- CEEPUS – Research, Development and Education in Nonconventional processes
- CEEPUS – Building Knowledge and Experience Exchange in CFD
- EcoManAqua – Ecology and Management of aquatic ecosystems in Central, East and South East Europe.
- Center for Social Cohesion in Tetovo
- Online Encyclopedia for Telecommunication – INACON GmbH 2009
- Protocol Help for Wireshark Protocol – INACON GmbH 2010
- IPA-CBC Transboundary cooperation for ecosystem in Sharr Mountain
- LYRA Wallet – online payment electronic system for university activities – Allbatron Slovenia 2014
- Macedonia Cap Project – Green Club 2015
- Establishing a database for question regarding the external exams in high schools in Albanian and Turkish Language – Ministry of Education and Science 2014.
- Software Engineering
- Service Oriented Computing
- Security of Databases
- Artificial Intelligence
- Multimedia and Web Design
- Database Systems
- Data Structures
- Statistics with medical informatics
1. F. Halili, M.Kasa. “Analysis and Comparison of Web Services Architectural Styles, and Business Benefits of their Use”. In Proc. Book of International Conference of Information Technologies and their importance in the economic development, pp. 701-712, Tirana, June 2011. ISBN: 978-99956-59-13-4 2. F. Halili, B. Rahmani and M.Kasa. “Defining Web Services and Data through Mathematical Expressions in Z-Language”. In International Journal of Science, Innovation and new Technology (IJSINT), vol.2, no.3, pp.51-56, February, 2012. ISSN: 2223-2257 3. F. Halili, F.Idrizi, U. Lena and M.Kasa. “Towards the UML Design of Web Services”. In International Journal of Science, Innovation and new Technology (IJSINT), vol.1, no.3, pp.73- 78, February, 2012. ISSN: 2223-2257 4. F. Halili and A.Dika. “Choreography of Web Services and Estimation of Execution Plan”. In Proc. Book of IEEE International Conference of Information Technology and e-Services (ICITeS), pp.168-174, Sousse, Tunis, March 2012. ISBN: 978-1-4673-1166-3, IEEE CN: CFP1245S-ART 5. A. Dika and F. Halili. “Integrated Orchestration of Web Services and the Impact of the Query Optimization”. In Proc. Book of IEEE 8th International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management (NCM & ICNIT), vol.2 :ICNIT Track, pp. 702-708, Seoul, Korea, April 2012. IEEE Print ISBN: 978-89-88678-67-1, IEEE CN: CFP12191-PRT. 6. F. Halili, A. Dika and M. Kon-Popovska. “Towards the Composition of Web Services and the Role of the Query Optimization”. In International Journal of Web Applications (IJWA), vol.4, no.2, pp.57-68, June, 2012. Print ISSN: 0974-7710, Online ISSN: 0974-7729 7. F.Halili, M.Kasa and I.Ninka. “Intrusion Detection and Security Model based on SOA”. In Takimi VII Ndërkombëtar Alb-Shkenca, Skopje, 31 August 2012. 8. F.Halili, E.Rufati and I.Ninka “Service Composition Styles – Analysis and Comparison Methods”, in Proc. Book of IEEE CICSyN2013 5th International conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks, pp.278-284, 5-7 Jun, Madrid, Spain. ISBN: 978-0-7695-5042-8, BMS Number: CFP1381H-CDR. 9. F.Halili, M.Kasa, F.Idrizi, I.Ninka and B.Sherifi, “Combining AIML, C# and Agent Control 2.0 to produce an Albanian speaking bot”, in Proc. Book of ISTI2013 4th International Conference on Information Systems and Technology Innovations: towards a digital Economy, 15-16 Jun 2013, Tirana, Albania. ISBN: 978-9928-161-38-3 10. F. Halili and M. Kasa Halili, “A new framework of QoS-based web service Discovery and Binding”, in Proc. Book of 11th International Conference on Informatics and Information Technologies, IEEE computer chapter Macedonian section, 11-13 April 2014, Manastir, Macedonia. Pp.305-3011 ISBN: 978-608-4699-04-0. 11. F. Halili, I.Ninka, M. Kasa and S. Lushi, “The impact of UDDI pages and UML modeling of web services”, in International Journal of Science, Innovation and New Technology (IJSINT2014), issue no.7 2014, ISSN:2223-2257. 12. F. Halili, I. Ninka, A. Rustemi and M. Kasa Halili, “Gjetja e CPM dhe PERT për implementimin e një modeli për rangimin e shërbimeve”, Buletini i Shkencave të Natyrës, Botimi Nr. 14, pp.100-113, viti 2014, ISSN: 2305-882X 13. F. Halili, M. Kasa Halili, M. Ameti and I. Ninka, “A new Framework for Service ranking including CPM/PERT methods ”, in Journal of Convergence Information Technology (JCIT), Vol.9, No3, pp.86-98, ISSN: 1975-9320, 2014, South Korea. 14. F. Halili, M. Kasa Halili and I. Ninka, “Evaluation and Comparison Styles of Using Web Services”, in Proc. Book of 6th IEEE International conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks, pp. 139-144, 27-29 May, 2014 Tetovo, Macedonia, ISBN-13: 978-1-4799-5076-8, DOI: 10.1109/CICSyN.2014.38 15. Festim Halili, Arben Zulfiu, “The growth of usability of home internet and 3G technology in the territory of the Municipality of Tetova, and the impact of electromagnetic waves on the human body, in International Journal of Universi, Vol. 01, Issue 03, ISSN: 1857-9450, pp.375-379, August 2015. 16. Festim Halili, Avni Rustemi, "Predictive Modeling: Data Mining Regression technique applied in prototype", International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, IJCSMC, Vol.5 Issue.8, August- 2016, pg. 207-215, ISSN: 2320-088X. 17. Festim Halili, Avni Rustemi, "Bringing semantics to services: the OWL-s approach", Bulgarian Journal for Engineering Design, BJED, issue 30, October 2016, pg. 17- 25, ISSN:1313-7530. 18. Festim Halili, Avni Rustemi, "Modeling of an e-business system", International Journal of Computers and Technology, IJCT, Vol. 15 No.12, October 2016 19. B.Fetaji, F.Halili, M.Fetaji and M.Ebibi, “Semantic Security Analyses of Web Enabled Databases using SQL injection, International Journal of Convergence Technology (JCIT), Volume 11, No 4, Sep.2016, ISSN 19759320, 22339299 20. B.Rahmani, F.Idrizi and F.Halili, “An Analysis of Development of E-Government In Macedonia and Creating a Mobile Application for the Secretariat for European Affairs”, International Journal on Information Technologies & Security, Vol. 8, Issue 2, pp.15-22, ISSN 1313-8251 21. F.Halili and S. Kamberi, “Composition of Web Services for student evaluation system”, in 1st Conference of Applied Sciences Engineering and Mathematics, ICASEM 2017, May 2017, Struga-Ohrid, Macedonia, ISBN 978-608-65137-5-7. 22. L. Spahija and F. Halili, “Review of Web Service Processes”, in international e-journal Dimorian Vol-4, Issue 5, pp.24-32 Sept-Oct 2017, eissn:2394-9163 23. F. Halili and L. Spahija, “Review of Artificial Intelligence Development, its impact and its challenges”, in Proc. Book of International Conference of Computer Science and Communication Engineering, 27-28 October, Durres Albania. 24. F. Halili, V.Misimi, R.Iseini and M.Salihi, “Mobile Cloud Computing: A new Way of Cloud Computing”, in proc. Book of International Conference of Computer Science and Communication Engineering. 27-28 October, Durres Albania. 25. L.Spahija and F.Halili, “Review of Web Services Processes”, in Journal of Natural Sciences and Mathematics of UT, Vol.2, No.3, pp.74-79, UDC:5, ISSN 2545-4072, March 2017. 26. F. Halili, S.Kamberi and M. Kasa Halili, “Towards the Cloud Deployment of a Heterogeneous Service Oriented System”, in Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, pp.42-50, Vol.2, No.2, ISSN: 2576-0653, Hill Publishing Group, February 2018, USA. 27. F. Halili and F. Kamberi, “Performance analysis of classification Algorithms: A case study of Naive Bayes and J48 in Big Data”, in Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, pp. 50-58, Vol.2, No.2, ISSN: 2576-0653, Hill Publishing Group, February 2018, USA. 28. F. Halili and E.Ramadani, “Web Services: A Comparison of SOAP and REST Services”, in Journal of Modern Applied Science, Vol.12, No.3, pp.175-183, ISSN: 1913-1844, Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education, March 2018, Canada. 29. F. Halili, et.al, “Formal Axiomatic Systems: A transition from M-mode to I-mode”, Guest speaker, in proc. Book of 1st International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference IMSC2018, pp.267-275, ISBN: 978-608-66191-0-7, Tetovo, Macedonia. 30. F.Halili, E.Rufati, et.al, “RESTful semantic tailored web services for e-business – An overview”, in abstract book of 2nd International conference of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, June 2018, Tetovo, Macedonia. 31. F. Halili and L. Koraqi, “Social Media Testing with Selenium”, in International Journal of Science and Engineering Investigations, vol. 7, issue 80, September 2018, ISSN: 2251-8843 32. F. Halili, A. Laci and B.Suma, “Artificial intelligence and some of its methods in robotics – An overview” 2nd International Conference towards Sustainable Development (TSD’2018) November 3, Skopje Macedonia, 2018. 33. F. Halili and L.Koraqi, “The security aspects of applications in Kosovo companies” in Modern Applied Science, Vol.13, No.1, ISSN: 1913-1844, pp. 221 – 226, Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education, January 2019, Canada. 34. F.Halili, B.Jashari and G. Haxhijaj, “Use of mobile banking in Kosovo – challenges and priorities”, in Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences, publisher: AICIT Advanced Institute of Convergence Information Technology, March 2019, South Korea. 35. E.Ramadani, F.Halili and F. Idrizi, “Tailored Dijcstra and Astar algorithms for shortest path Softbot roadmap in 2D grid in a sequence of tuples”, in International Journal of Science and Engineering Investigations, vol.8, issue 92, September 2019. 36. F. Halili, E.Alihajdaraj, et.al, “Artificial Intelligence in Work Process Automation”, in the 3rd International Mediterranean Congress of Natural Sciences, Health and Engineering MESEC III, June 2019, Montenegro. 37. H. Halimi, F.Idrizi, F. Halili and B. Baftijari, “An Efficient Algorithm for Energy Management in Smart Home including Renewable energy”, in International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunication, vol. 10, issue 6, December 2019, ISSN: 2047-3338 38. F. Halili, F. Idrizi, I. Bilal Devlez and H. Halimi, “Data Mining functionality and usage areas”, in Journal of Natural Sciences and Mathematics of UT, vol.4, no. 7-8, 2019, UCD:004.659-049.8 39. F. Halili, N. Berisha, et.al, “Shfrytezimi i EDMODO per mesimdhenien e te shkruarit dhe angazhimi I nxenesve”, in International Conference “New emerging trends in Western Balkans”-NEWTB19, Struga, Macedonia, ISBN 978-608-4573-33-3 40. F. Halili, G. Haxhiaj, B. Jashari, “Information Technology innovations in the role of human resource management in Telecom”, in ICONST 2019. 41. F. Halili, E. Blakaj and S. Blakaj, “Service-Oriented Architecture in Automation Industries”, in International Journal of Computers & Technology, vol 19 (2019) ISSN:2277-3061 pp.7493- 7501 42. F. Halili, E. Rufati, et.al, “Towards REST verbs dedicated to advanced information systems” in Journal of Natural Sciences and Mathematics of UT, Vol.3 No.5-6, 2018